Tuesday, June 29, 2010

owl city,







"the stars lean down to kiss you and i lie awake and miss you pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere cause I'll doze off safe and soundly but I'll miss your arms around me I'd sent a postcard to you dear cause i wish you were here"
-vanilla twilight

"i wish i could cross my arms and cross your mind cause i believe you'd unfold your paper heart and wear it on your sleeve, all my life i wish i broke mirrors instead of promises cause all i see is a shattered conscience staring right back at me"
-tidal wave

"i will disguise myself as a sleeping pill and descent inside of you, hello Seattle, i am a cold seahorse feeling warm in your sand. I sing about the tide and the ocean surf rolling in the evening breeze."
-hello Seattle

"and cold nights make staying alert so hard, for heaven's sake keep me awake so i won't be caught off guard. Clearly I am a passerby but i'll find a place to stay...Dear pacific day, won't you take me away? small town hearts of the New year brought down by gravity crystal clear"
-rainbow veins

"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time i would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine with your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we will fill the metro skies with country air and when you close your tired eyes i'll meet you there. deep inside of you theres a ruby glow and it gets brighter then you and i will ever know theres a rushing sound that surrounds us when we walk alone and its everything we've ever known"
-ill meet you there

"are you out there where the rainy days begin to feel rather sad. And the walls are closing in like the darkness around me, it's so hard to look away when the daylight doesn't ever stay. Above tis dull apartment view oh, i will surround you."
-west coast friendship

Owl city the C.D., made by adam young is brilliant. I can't get over how intelligent and meaningful his lyrics are, they seriously make me want to write and write then practice some more..and keep writing. He has this sound about him, that's so unique so likable. I can't get enough of his music. your a genius adam young!:)

No comments: