Saturday, October 16, 2010

God created you in His image:)

Your opinion on me does not matter, if God loves me and i have good friends & family surrounding me i could care less what you think. Just remember to hate me, is to hate what God
created.

Recently, I've been feeling pretty down. I've been really hard on myself, and that doesn't really help me at all. I've been feeling really ugly & worthless to a lot of people. So instantly i cry about it all (which helped), but i went to God and just prayed to him "God, what in the world do i do? I feel ugly, and i hate the way i look..i know i was created in your image, and should be happy and accept the way i look but sometimes i just feel invisible to others. I want to be like the other girls i hangout, the ones who get all the attention..but you didn't give me that blessing. And im trying to accept that fact, but its so hard. I also know you made me the exact way i was meant to look, and just teach me how to love your creation."
I prayed that for a while, but i kept getting more and more discouraged.
My dear friend michelle quinto said some pretty darn impactful words:) When i was having a bad day, she was the one there for me. And i thank you for that girlie. i love you.
now to share what she sent me in a private message


"So check it out, if you belong to God, that means your his daughter. Which also means, that you will have his "family resembilance." You are his girl, and the two of you are a team. However, if one person on a team is distracted(like, for an example by beauty) how on earth would the team be able to make it without the other player?? can't happen!

Here, picture with me if you will; You do not belong here. Your real home is in heaven. Correct? sooo, that would mean that we are aliens here, and we will always stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd. Okay, so what on earth does this have to do with beauty? Because if we have this unique, and higher calling, why should we care whether or not we're on the runway! In Gods book, you are his precious angel, man! he'd give his life for you! So if we are this special, why go to waste? use up all that you got, even if it isn't perfect! were not here to please people, were here to please God, and love him, and gloify him with everything you got. You'll always be enough for him. you knoww?"

So love what you have and what you don't have, don't be to hard on yourself. And know that it doesn't matter what other people think, As long as Gods happy with you than i really shouldn't give a crap on the rest of the worlds opinions:)

8 comments:

TheMickeyBug said...

that just made me cry. Oh Jen, believe me, you have been (and you are) such a blessing to me. I love you girly. Hang on tight.

For his name,
Mich<3

Jennalee said...

:) love you.

Jennalee said...

why did this make you cry though? haha

TheMickeyBug said...

Because not only did I have no idea this is what you were struggling with, but I was also struggling too (in a different way).. you reminded me of what I'm here for once again, and what God wants me to do in life. So thanks :)

Jennalee said...

your super welcome:)

linnea ruth said...

that's great you guys.... and um ,jennalee, you have nothing to worry about... you're pretty gosh darn gorgeous (even if it doesn't matter)
thanks for posting this though. it helped me (:

Jennalee said...

welcome:) and umm NO. haha but thanks anyways.

taylor:) said...

u shut ur motuh rite now or ill wash it out with soap.

this made my eyes water...this is beautiful...i think evrygirl struggles with not fealing pretty...and if we could all just remeber thses beautiful wors spoken by michele quitno.... i think we would all be alot more self confident(: thanks u for ur posts..btw they encourage me aklot<3 a are amazing!